Ethnava yellow white cotton chikan kurta 2442
- Opening doors to merge feminine aesthetics with traditional craft, we at Ethnava have created a harmoniously beautiful chikankari Lucknow kurta. With Ethnava Lucknow Kurta we aim to provide you with a chikan kurta that denotes elegance with comfort.
- Portraying light, creativity, sunshine and spring, this yellow-white chikan kurta is perfect for summer vivacity. Adorned with the three intricate chikan stitches “Bhakiya”, “Bhanda” and “Keel”, this summery chikan kurta it portrays the bloom of spring and grace in its finesse. Each piece is unique as it is handcrafted with intense precision by skilled artisans who have been carrying their legacy forward from generation to generation. Keeping traditionalism in mind and with a hint of modernity, this yellow-white chikan kurti is what we call subtle yet charming.
- Shadow work is one of the most delicate stitches in Chikankari done on fine muslin and has an opalescent ‘shadowy’ effect. The thread is massed on the underside of the fabric so as to create a shadow or opaque on the face of the fabric which is typical of this form of embroidery
- Phanda is an inverted stitch or a tiny stitch, picked up by a needle on the fabric repeatedly on the same spot till it becomes a smooth knot, and looks like a little pearl. This is popularly known as ‘chikanaphanda’ and it resembles like a French knot
- In chikan embroidery the stitch ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandastitch is embroidered. Around this pearl like dot very tiny spikes are embroidered which have a ‘v’ shape on the top of the spikes that resemble a gold nose pin.
- You can wear this Chikan Kurti to your workplace or to your college or even for a casual outing. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and charm. This gorgeous kurti is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer evenings and brunches on a sunny winter morning.
Add on to Lucknowi Chikan Kurta
Since the necklines are usually adorned with intricate chikan stitches, we can definitely omit neck pieces from our accessories. This chikan kurta can be combined with embroidered dupattas and palazzos for a complete traditional look. Also. one can team it up with a pair pf denims for a casual look.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2442
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Yellow
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel & Phanda
Chikankari is an ancient form of white floral embroidery, intricately worked with needle and raw thread on a variety of fabrics like cotton, muslin, silk, organza etc. The word ‘Chikan’ has been derived from Persian language which was the court language of India introduced by the Mughals. The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generation to generation by expert craftsmen. This age-old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors, and mukaish.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.