Ethnava chikankari Yellow Cotton Kurti
- Chikankari, which in the literal sense means embroidery is derived from the Persian word ‘Chakin’ which is also pronounced as ‘Chikan’. It is believed that Noor Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari in Lucknow. From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the age-old art of Chikankari keeping
- Lucknowi craftsmanship echoes impeccable vision by these vibrant hues of yellow with this chikan kurta. Supporting and motivating the long-standing traditional Lucknowi Chikankari; the name Ada Chikan portrays a rendition of the commendable needle workmanship. Whitecotton threads make Shadow work stitches on cotton fabric these stitches inspire the making of an exceptional and flawless attire which is tastefully gratifying.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the Bakhiya stitch of Chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- This chikan kurta is all that you are looking for! With its unique and soft color palette, this chikan kurta will definitely make you the center of attention in a room full of people. This Kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan Kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
Mix and match this chikan kurta with embroidered palazzos, leggings, or ankle-length pants. Accessorize with oxidized jewelry and a stylish hand clutch.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 21068
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikan Kurta: Yellow
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 7 meters
- Silhouette: Chikan kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikan kurta
- Fabric: Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called Lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generation to generation by expert craftsmen. This age-old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors, and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.