Ethnava yellow cotton unstitched chikankari kurta
- We, at Ethnava, try to fuse craft of traditionalism with the modernity of fashion as well. While also adopting the ever-evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style and make of our product we don’t waver from the roots of Chikankari. We aim to provide you with a chikan kurta that denotes elegance with style as well as comfort.
- Created with the intricate chikan stiches “Bakhiya”, “Keel”,”gota patti” and “Phanda” using white cotton thread on the fabric, this unstitched yellow chikankari kurta is delicately handcrafted and embroidered with intense precision by our skilled artisans.
- “Bhakiya” is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandasticth is embroidered. Whereas, “Gota patti” uses the applique technique. Small pieces of zari ribbon are applied onto the fabric with the edges sewn down to create elaborate patterns.
- This graceful yellow unstitched chikankari kurta will be your perfect go-to outfit each time you’d want to step out of you house. A perfect blend of traditionalism with a slight punch of modernity, this kurti is a perfect blend for you.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
For a head turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattasand oxidized jewelry.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41113
- Style: Unstitched Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Yellow
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 mtrs
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel, gota patti & Phanda
- The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls. Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh
- Chikankari is an ancient form of white floral embroidery, intricately worked with needle and raw thread on a variety of fabrics like cotton, muslin, silk, organza etc. The word ‘Chikan’ has been derived from Persian language which was the court language of India introduced by the Mughals.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.