Ethnava white georgette unstitched chikankari kurti and dupatta
- Opening doors to merge feminine aesthetics with traditional craft, we at Ethnava have created a harmoniously beautiful chikankari lucknow kurta. With Ethnava Lucknow Kurta we aim to provide you with a chikan kurta which denotes elegance with comfort.
- Intricate chikan stiches “Bakhiya”, “Keel” and “Phanda” have been used to adorn the delicate georgette fabric of the chikankari kurta. This white colored unstitched chikankari kurti and dupatta portrays a subtle yet graceful look. The embroidery is done using a white cotton thread and delicate floral patterns, motis and designs are created with intense precision.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Phanda is an inverted stitch or a tiny stitch, picked up by a needle on the fabric repeatedly on the same spot till it becomes a smooth knot and looks like a little pearl. This is popularity know as “chikanaphanda” and it resembles like a French knot. This stitch is quite time consuming but very pretty when used in the center of a flower or around a but.
- ‘Keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandasticth is embroidered.
- This beautiful chikankari kurta will be your perfect go-to outfit each time you’d want to step out of you house. A perfect blend of traditionalism with a slight punch of modernity, this kurti is a perfect blend for you.
Add on to Lucknowi Chinkankari Kurta
These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- Chikankari is an ancient form of white floral embroidery, intricately worked with needle and raw thread on a variety of fabrics like cotton, muslin, silk, organza etc. The word ‘Chikan’ has been derived from Persian language which was the court language of India introduced by the Mughals.
- Into the northern heartlands of India, the heritage of craftsmanship has been passed down for centuries, generation after generation. Among the exquisite flavors of Mughlai and Awadhi food, the intricate carvings and the architectural wonders, the erstwhile Awadh also cradles the origins of Chikankari with pride. A culture already rich in various art forms, the artisans of Awadh are learned in the craft of Chikankari embroidery, and carry it forward to this day
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.