Ethnava white viscose chikan kurta semi-stitched, palazzo, dupatta-21022
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the resplendent traditional Chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Lucknow is the heart of the chikankari and is generally famous for Lucknawi chikan. Skilled craftsmen weave these impressive designs and patterns with perfection and precise detailing. These unique patterns and effects created depend on the stitches and the thicknesses of the threads used.
- This beautiful semi stitched chikan kurta, palazzo and dupatta is a complete set that defines elegance. Adorned with the intricate and immaculate chikan work, the floral patterns and motifs over the entire viscose fabric is subtle yet full of grace and finesse. Viscose is a lightweight material with a nice drape, a lustrous finish, and a soft feel. Since it is semi-stiched, this set can be designed and worn in many different styles.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- With its versatile style and simple elegance, this chikan kurta is perfect wear for office, college, and even casual outings. This kurta can be paired with dupattas and palazzos to give it a more traditional look. Also, it can be teamed up with denim jeans to be casual wear.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 21022
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: White
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 54 inch
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Modal Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Ghaspatti & Phanda
- Into the northern heartlands of India, the heritage of craftsmanship has been passed down for centuries, generation after generation. Among the exquisite flavors of Mughlai and Awadhi food, the intricate carvings and the architectural wonders, the erstwhile Awadh also cradles the origins of Chikankari with pride.
- A culture already rich in various art forms, the artisans of Awadh are learned in the craft of Chikankari embroidery, and carry it forward to this day. It was introduced by Nur Jehan, the wife of Mughal Emperor Jahangir. The emperor then sponsored the craft and it spread throughout the plains of Awadh. The old artisan families of Awadh come from a line of skilled Chikankari artists, and they still practice the trade.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.