Ethnava sky blue white cotton chikan kurta 2380
- Opening doors to merge feminine aesthetics with traditional craft, we at Ethnava have created a harmoniously beautiful chikankari Lucknow kurta. With Ethnava Lucknow Kurta we aim to provide you with a chikan kurta that denotes elegance with comfort.
- This classy ethnic sky blue chikankari kurta has been created with perfection using white cotton thread creating detailed floral patterns and motifs on the kurta. Intricate chikan stitches “Shadow work ”, “keel” and “Phanda” have been used to adorn the neck line of the Lucknow kurta.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandasticth is embroidered.
- This sky blue kurta is a perfect pick for college wear, office wear as well as party wear. Minimally accessorized, this chikan kurta is enough to stand alone. For a head-turning look, you can also style it with palazzos and complete the look with embroidered dupattas. This chikan kurta will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurta, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknowi Chikan Kurta
For a head-turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas and oxidized jewelry.
The craft of Chikankari stands out in itself and does not need excessive accessorizing. These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2380
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Sky Blue
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Shadow work, Keel & Phanda
The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls. Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh. Chikankari is an ancient form of white floral embroidery, intricately worked with needle and raw thread on a variety of fabrics like cotton, muslin, silk, organza etc. The word ‘Chikan’ has been derived from Persian language which was the court language of India introduced by the Mughals.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.