Ethnava chikankari Pink Cotton Kurti
- The origin of Chikankari is initiated by the influence of intricate carving patterns of Mughal architecture during their period. The Chikan work in Lucknow is older than 200 years and later it is patronized by Nawabs. The legacy of chikankari has been passed down from generation to generation through the ever evolving trends of fashion, but we at Ethnava have not wavered from its traditionalism but have also not just ignored the modern trends
- This beautiful pink kurta has been created with perfection using pink cotton thread creating floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikankari stiches “Bakhiya”,” Gotapatti” and “Aari Work” have been used to adorn the fabric of the chikan kurta.
- Shadow work or Bhakiya is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Aari work is a type of embroidery work that is done by stretching the fabric tightly over a wooden frame. A pen like needle, that resembles a crochet needle is used to do the intrinsic Aari work. Aari artwork is popular for its fine and delicate thread work.
- Gota patti or gota work is a type of Indian embroidery that originated in Rajasthan, India. It uses the applique technique. Small pieces of zari ribbon are applied onto the fabric with the edges sewn down to create elaborate patterns.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
- For a chic casual look style this kurta with denim jeans. If you are looking for a traditional or ethnic look combine this pink chikan kurta with embroidered palazzos and complete your look with a beautiful dupatta.
- To add glam to your looks, pair them up with embroidered palazzos and dupattas. Accessorise with metallic oxidized jewelry and a clutch.
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Pink
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric: Viscose
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Gota Patti, Aari work
Chikankari is one of the most traditional embroidery styles from Lucknow, it is believed that this embroidery has introduced in the 17th century by Noor Jahan, Mughal emperor Jahangir’s wife in India. Noor Jahan was a known talented embroiderer with a particular fondness of Chikankari work. In this era, most fabrics were used like Muslin or Mulmul as they were best suited for the warm, humid climate. In the 18th and 19th centuries, after the loss of the Empire Chikankari artisans spread all over India and founded various re-established centers.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.