Ethnava pink cotton A-line Chinkari Kurta
- Fragile threads adorned in delicate designs on exquisite fabrics, Chikankari has its own brand of deliberate and detailed artwork. Over the years, Chikankari has evolved, as all forms of arts have. It now flaunts modernist features in its styling. However, like many other art forms, Chikankari has not strayed from its traditionalist embroidery. We, at Ethnava, maintain this unwavering loyalty of the craft to its traditionalism, while also adopting the ever-evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style, and make of our product.
- This gorgeous Pink colored chikankari kurta adorned with intricate chikan stitches “Ghaspatti” and “Phanda” using white cotton thread is a complete package of feminine aesthetics. This A-line Lucknowi chikan kurta is perfect office wear, college wear or if paired with palazzos and dupattas, can be sported as ethnic wear. One can clearly observe the precision and skills that were put in to create this handcrafted piece of excellence.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the center of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- Phanda is an inverted stitch or a tiny stitch, picked up by a needle on the fabric repeatedly on the same spot till it becomes a smooth knot and looks like a little pearl. This is popularly known as “chikanaphanda” and it resembles a French knot. This stitch is quite a time consuming but very pretty when used in the center of a flower or around a but.
- Ghaspatti projects the Awadhi love for gardens (‘Bagh’). A number of localities, even today are named after the gardens they were once famous for, in Lucknow. Ghaspatti brings out this inclination in the Chikankari art form. It is a series of stitches that form small leaf and twig motifs that fill up the material on which it is made.
- This chikan kurta is all that you are looking for! With its unique and soft color palette, this chikan kurta will definitely make you the center of attention in a room full of people. This Kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan Kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
For a head turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattasand oxidized jewelry. These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2405
- Style: A-Line with two pockets
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Pink
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 44 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ghaspatti & Phanda
Chikan, in the literal sense means ’embroidery’. This traditional embroidery style is one of Lucknow’s most ancient and well-known art forms, believed to be introduced by the Mughals. The simple and precise handwork on the garment, gives it a very subtle, classy feel that modern embroidery techniques lack. The main essence of the garment is a simple design, and while motifs are now added to make the garment look rich, it still remains a simple and affordable fabric choice.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.