Ethnava chikankari Light Sea Green Cotton Kurti
- Opening doors to merge feminine aesthetics with traditional craft, we at Ethnava have created a harmoniously beautiful chikankari Lucknow kurta. With Ethnava Lucknow Kurta we aim to provide you with a chikan kurta which denotes elegance with comfort.
- The light sea green color uniquely stands out in the crowd. This chikan kurta is handcrafted with chikan stitches of “Bhakiya” or “Shadow work” delicately adorning the neckline with detailed patterns and embroidery. The cotton fabric lets the skin breathe and is comfortable.
- The main stitches in Chikanare Bhakia or shadow work, which is one of the most delicate stitches in Chikankari done on fine muslin and have an opalescent ‘shadowy’ effect. The thread is massed on the underside of the fabric so as to create a shadow or opaque on the face of the fabric which is typical of this form of embroidery. The shadow is created by a closed Herringbone stitch on the reverse side of the fabric, at times it seems to appear like a delicate patchwork.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the Bakhiya stitch of Chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- This chikan kurta will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurta, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 21068
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Light Sea Green
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 7 meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric: Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
Chikan designs have also been inspired by various other Mughal architecture with floral design. The most probable explanation which has historical backing reveals that the Chikan craft originated in West Bengal where the work meant ‘fine’. They had very fine local muslins made into garments for themselves, which the ladies embroidered with the Chikanwork of exquisite delicacy and beauty. The benevolent rulers of Awadh patronized the artisans and encouraged their craftsmanship and the affluence and extravagance of later Awadh rulers seem to have attracted their enchanting craft to their capital of Lucknow.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.