Ethnava lemon georgette unstitched chikankari kurta, dupatta
- Fragile threads adorned in delicate designs on exquisite fabrics, Chikankari has its own brand of deliberate and detailed artwork. Over the years, Chikankari has evolved, as all forms of arts have. It now flaunts modernist features in its styling. However, like many other art forms, Chikankari has not strayed from its traditionalist embroidery.
- A perfect outfit to go with the summer vivacity. This unstitched Lemon chinkari kurta with white cotton thread embroidery is adorned with the intricate chikan stitches “Shadow work”, “Phanda”, “Keel”, “Gota patti” and “Moti work”. This kurti is an amalgamation of a number of styles and embroidery blended perfectly to create this alluring chikankari kurta. Handcrafted by our skilled artisans, each piece is unique and charming.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandasticth is embroidered
- The “Gota Patti” uses the applique technique. Small pieces of zari ribbon are applied onto the fabric with the edges sewn down to create elaborate patterns.
- This chikan kurta will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurta, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Chikankari Kurta
Combine this set with an embroidered palazzo. Complete your look with pearl jewelry or oxidized metallic accessories to glam your look.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41119
- Style: Unstitched Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Lemon
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 mtrs
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Gota Patti & Phanda
The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls. Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.