Ethnava Chikankari Lemon cotton kurta with green Embroidery
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the resplendent traditional Chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Lucknow is the heart of the chikankari and is generally famous for Lucknawi chikan. Skilled craftsmen weave these impressive designs and patterns with perfection and precise detailing. These unique patterns and effects created depend on the stitches and the thicknesses of the threads used.
- With this unique and charming combination of Lemon and Green, this kurti stands out. Adorned with intricate chikan stitches “Phanda” and “Shadow work or Bhakiya”, this Lemon Chikan Kurta is a perfect blend of traditionalism with a slight hit of modernity.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This type of embroidery traditionally originates from Lucknow. In western terms, these stitches are also known as French knots and are used to fill in the center of flowers when they are used as patterns in embroidery.
- Shadow work’ or bhakia is one of the stitches of chikankari. The reason for the name shadow is that the embroidery is done on wrong side and we see its shadow on the right side.
- This lemon chikanakri kurta will surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan kurta to your workplace or to your college or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal. This gorgeous kurti is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
Complete your look with oxidized jewelry, a metallic bracelet or a watch. For a chic casual look style this kurta with denim jeans. If you are looking for a traditional or ethnic look combine this *color* chikan kurta with embroidered palazzos and complete your look with a beautiful dupatta.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2441
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Lemon
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Phanda
Into the northern heartlands of India, the heritage of craftsmanship has been passed down for centuries, generation after generation. Among the exquisite flavors of Mughlai and Awadhi food, the intricate carvings and the architectural wonders, the erstwhile Awadh also cradles the origins of Chikankari with pride. A culture already rich in various art forms, the artisans of Awadh are learned in the craft of Chikankari embroidery, and carry it forward to this day. It was introduced by Nur Jehan, the wife of Mughal Emperor Jahangir. The emperor then sponsored the craft and it spread throughout the plains of Awadh. The old artisan families of Awadh come from a line of skilled Chikankari artists, and they still practice the trade.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.