Charming Ethnava chikan kurta grey pure silk -2437
- Opening doors to merge feminine aesthetics with traditional craft, we at Ethnava have created a harmoniously beautiful chikankari Lucknow kurta. With Ethnava Lucknow Kurta we aim to provide you with a chikan kurta that denotes elegance with comfort.
- This charming and elegant grey pure silk chikan kurta has been created using grey cotton thread creating detailed “Shadow work” and “Phanda” embroidered floral patterns and motifs on the pure silk fabric. The color palette is soft and fresh along with comfortable cotton fabric all this adds to the desirability of this elegant sky blue chikan kurta.
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the Bakhiya stitch of Chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This lucknowi chikan kurta is exactly what you are looking for! This grey chikan kurta is subtle, elegant and graceful. A perfect wear for office, college or a casual outing with friends. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
- This chikan kurta will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurta, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to chikan kurta: For a head turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattasand oxidized jewelry.
Chikankari Trivia: The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls. Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.