Ethnava grey white cotton unstitched chikankari kurta
- This Grey colored unstitched Lucknowi chikan kurta is adorned with the intricate chikan stitches “shadow work”, “phanda”, “keel” and “gota patti”. Grey is the color of neutrality and balance. This chikankari kurta embroidered using white cotton thread into detailed floral patterns and motifs portrays a quintessential balance of poise and simplicity.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilised in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires hand crafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
- Worn by Mughal and Rajput royalty of yore, gota patti is unique for its colour and intricacy of technique. It is an applique technique.
Add on to Lucknow Kurta
Complete your look with oxidized jewelry, a metallic bracelet or a watch. For a chic casual look style this kurta with denim jeans. If you are looking for a traditional or ethnic look combine this grey chikan kurta with embroidered palazzos and complete your look with a beautiful dupatta. Accessorise with metallic oxidized jewelry and a clutch.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41113
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Grey White
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 54 inch
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Modal Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Ghaspatti & Phanda
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen. This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
- The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls. Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.