Ethnava chikankari Cream Cotton Saree
- Fragile threads adorned in delicate designs on exquisite fabrics, Chikankari has its own brand of deliberate and detailed artwork. Over the years, Chikankari has evolved, as all forms of art have. It now flaunts modernist features in its styling. However, like many other art forms, Chikankari has not strayed from its traditionalist embroidery. We, at Ethnava, maintain this unwavering loyalty of the craft to its traditionalism, while also adopting the ever evolving modernity of fashion in the cut, style and make of our product.
- Delve into the world of Lucknow Chikankari with gorgeous Cream Cotton Saree. Exquisite chikan hand embroidery done by using Maroon thread on this elegant saree captivates the essence of Lucknow Chikan Embroidery. Traditional stitches of ‘Ulti-Bakhiya’ using Maroon cotton threads seamlessly blend with the colour and fabric.
Ulti Bakhiya is criss crossing of thread work on fabric, reverse of shadow work. It gives the look as if the embroidery is itself the texture of the garment. The floats lie on the reverse of the fabric underneath the motif. The transparent muslin becomes opaque and provides a beautiful effect of light and shade.
- On the other hand, Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch. It brings out the vastness of this craft. Not only does Chikankari come alive in the form of embroidery on the face of a fabric, but it also embraces the fabric from below to create a shadow which fills up patterns. This stitch is one of the many tributes to the wholesomeness of Chikankari!
Add on to the saree
It can be worn with puff sleeved blouses, crop tops, or a bell sleeved blouse. It can also be fashioned with a contemporary version of ‘Dhoti’, and worn as the trendy half-saree. It can also be paired with a belt to give you that coveted mix of old and new! As the embroidery of Chikan is detailed and heavy, it does well to lose excessive jewellery. A simple oversized or minimal pair of earrings shall suffice to complement the ensemble. The look can be topped off with an elegant watch or bracelet, to give the finishing touches.
- SKU of Lucknowi saree: 21114
- Style: Saree
- Color of Chikan saree: Off White
- Length of Chikan saree: 6.25 meters
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikan saree
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ulta Bakhiya
It takes many years for an artisan to master the techniques of chikankari, chikan embroidery requires discipline and precision of detail in its formation. As a result, this art cannot be replicated anywhere. There are 32 stitches of chikankari, which are broadly classified into Raised stitch, Embossed and Flat stitch and Open Trellis.
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.