Ethnava chikankari yellow cotton kurti
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, we bring you the magnificent traditional chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generations to generations. Expert craftsmen weave these amazing designs with perfection and precise detailing. This Chikankari Kurti speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta, the marvellous chikan embroidery is hand crafted with chikan stitches- Ulti Bakhiya or Shadow Work and Keel using white cotton thread. The colour palette is soft and fresh along with comfortable cotton fabric all this add to the desirability of this chikan kurta.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the bakhiya stitch of chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
- This beautiful yellow kurta has been created with perfection using yellow cotton thread creating floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikankari stiches “Bakhiya” and “Keel” have been used to adorn the fabric of the chikan kurta.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phanda stitch is embroidered. Around this pearl like dot very tiny spikes are embroidered which have a ‘v’ shape on the top of the spikes and it resembles like the gold nose pin.
- Are you looking for an elegant chikan kurti to make you the centre of attention? This chikan kurti will surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan kurti to your workplace or to your college or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41121
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Yellow
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 Meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Keel
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen.
- This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.