Ethnava Sky Blue Cotton Chikankari Kurta
- The origin of Chikankari is initiated by the influence of intricate carving patterns of Mughal architecture during their period. The Chikan work in Lucknow is older than 200 years and later it is patronized by Nawabs. The legacy of chikankari has been passed down from generation to generation through the ever evolving trends of fashion, but we at Ethnava have not waverd from its traditionalism but have also not just ignored the modern trends.
- This alluring Lucknowi Chikan Sky Blue Kurta is a perfect amalgamation of comfort, elegance and grace. A perfect outfit for summers, the neckline of chikan kurta is adorned with detailed floral patterns that add grace and beautifies your complete look. Chikan work is skillfully embroidered with intense precision on this chikan kurta which redefines royalty and poise.
- Lucknowi Chikankari is one of its kind hand embroidery, a variety of stitching styles are involved in chikan embroidery. It takes many years for an artisan to master the techniques of chikankari, chikan embroidery requires discipline and precision of detail in its formation. As a result, this art cannot be replicated anywhere. There are 32 stitches of chikankari, which are broadly classified into Raised stitch, Embossed and Flat stitch and Open Trellis.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- With its versatile style and simple elegance, this chikan kurta is a perfect wear for office, college, and even casual outings. This kurta can be paired with dupattas and palazzos to give it a more traditional look. Also, it can be teamed up with denim jeans to be casual wear.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: BHM 23
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Sky Blue
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 38 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Chikan
- Chikankari is a century-old craft that started in India in as early as the 3rd Century BC. As per a known interesting old legend, a thirsty traveler taught Chikankarito a peasant in return for drinking water. So was the time, and so was the art at its infancy.
- Chikan, in the literal sense means ’embroidery’. This traditional embroidery style is one of Lucknow’s most ancient and well-known art forms, believed to be introduced by the Mughals. The simple and precise handwork on the garment, gives it a very subtle, classy feel that modern embroidery techniques lack. The main essence of the garment is a simple design, and while motifs are now added to make the garment look rich, it still remains a simple and affordable fabric choice.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.