Ethnava chikankari Sea Green satin cotton short top
- Reveal your sartorial splendor with this Sea Green Hand Embroidered Satin Cotton Short top emanates elegance and poise. Beautifully handcrafted with delicate chikan stitches of Shadow work and Phanda using white coloured cotton threads, this pretty number elevates your style quotient several notches higher.
- Give your traditional look an exhilarating spin-off of Lucknowi chikankari with this hand-embroidered chikan top. We have merged traditional chikankari with a contemporary design which is the need of modern women.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the bakhiya stitch of chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- Shadow work or Bhakiya is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- A perfect blend of traditionalism and modernity, this chikan kurta emanates elegance and royalty. One can wear this to college, office or any party and be the centre of attention.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2269
- Style: Short Top
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Sea-Green
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 31 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Satin Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Phanda
- Chikan, in the literal sense means ’embroidery’. This traditional embroidery style is one of Lucknow’s most ancient and well-known art forms, believed to be introduced by the Mughals. The simple and precise handwork on the garment, gives it a very subtle, classy feel that modern embroidery techniques lack.
- The main essence of the garment is a simple design, and while motifs are now added to make the garment look rich, it still remains a simple and affordable fabric choice.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.