Ethnava Chikankari Peach cotton Kurta
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, we bring you the magnificent traditional chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generations to generations. Expert craftsmen weave these amazing designs with perfection and precise detailing. This Chikankari Kurti speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta, the marvellous chikan embroidery is hand crafted with chikan stitches- Ulti Bakhiya or Shadow Work using white cotton thread. The colour palette is soft and fresh along with comfortable cotton fabric all this add to the desirability of this black and white chikan kurta.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the bakhiya stitch of chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
- This beautiful peach kurta has been created with perfection using white cotton thread creating floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikankari stiches “Bakhiya” and “Phanda” have been used to adorn the fabric of the chikan kurta. Handcrafted, each piece is beautiful and unique.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2441
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Peach
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: White Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Phanda
- A coarse thread that unites with fine cotton cloth to contour Chikankari was the cord of love between the Mughal emperor Jehangir and his queen Noor Jehan. According to legend, Noor Jehan drew a Chikankari motif on a muslin handkerchief and presented it to the emperor.
- So deep was the impression left by the gossamer Chikan that Jehangir lost his heart, both to the art and Noor Jehan. In subsequent years, the art came to be patronized by the Nawabs of Avadh, making Lucknow the most prominent centre of Chikankari.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.