Ethnava chikankari light olive green cotton kurti
- Bakhiya or ‘shadow work’ is actually one of the most creative and unique forms of embroidery contained in Chikankari. In this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch. It brings out the vastness of this craft.
- Not only does Chikankari come alive in the form of embroidery on the face of a fabric, but it also embraces the fabric from below to create a shadow which fills up patterns. This stitch is one of the many tributes to the wholesomeness of Chikankari!
- This beautiful green kurta has been created with perfection using green cotton thread creating floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikankari stitches “Bakhiya” and “Keel” have been used to adorn the fabric of the chikan kurta. Skillfully handcrafted, each piece stands out unique and the dense embroidery emanates the age old artwork of chikankari.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phanda stitch is embroidered. Around this pearl like dot very tiny spikes are embroidered which have a ‘v’ shape on the top of the spikes and it resembles like the gold nose pin.
- Are you looking for an elegant chikan kurti to make you the centre of attention? This chikan kurti will surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan kurti to your workplace or to your college or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal. This gorgeous kurti is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear. The colour palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
- This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41121
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikan Kurta: Light Olive Green
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 Meters
- Silhouette: Chikan kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikan kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Keel
- A coarse thread that unites with fine cotton cloth to contour Chikankari was the cord of love between the Mughal emperor Jehangir and his queen Noor Jehan. According to legend, Noor Jehan drew a Chikankari motif on a muslin handkerchief and presented it to the emperor.
- So deep was the impression left by the gossamer Chikan that Jehangir lost his heart, both to the art and Noor Jehan. In subsequent years, the art came to be patronised by the Nawabs of Avadh, making Lucknow the most prominent centre of Chikankari.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.