Ethnava chikankari Lavender Cotton Kurti
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, we bring you the magnificent traditional chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Expert craftsmen weave these amazing designs with perfection and precise detailing.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the bakhiya stitch of chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
- An amalgamation of comfort, royalty, and modernity, this Lavender chikan kurta is a perfect outfit for you that redefines the royalty, feminity, and beauty of the Lavender shade. Adorned with the chikan stitches of “Shadow work or Bhakiya”, this kurta is perfect to justify the statement, subtle yet comfortable.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- With its versatile style and simple elegance, this chikan kurta is a perfect wear for office, college, and even casual outings. This kurta can be paired with dupattas and palazzos to give it a more traditional look. Also, it can be teamed up with denim jeans to be casual wear.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41114
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Lavender
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 Meters
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen.
- This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.