Ethnava chikankari firozi white georgette short top
- Skillfully handcrafted by dedicated artisans, this short top perfect amalgamation of comfort, royalty, and modernity, this blue Frock Style short top is a perfect outfit for you that definitely raises the notches of the chic-quotient. A subtle spin-off over the mainstream traditional kurtis, this shirt top is a beautifully handcrafted piece that will definitely be your go-to outfit each time you’ll step out of the house.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the bakhiya stitch of chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
- Shadow work is one of the most popular stitches, in this stitch the filling is done on the wrong side while the design is bounded by a running stitch on the right side of the fabric to give it a neat look, since the stitch is made on the reverse side of the fabric, resembling the herringbone stitch.
- Phanda refers to knots that are in the shape of Millets. Phanda is considered to be a more intricate version of stitches. However, the knots are much smaller and far more delicate. Mostly utilized in making the centre of the flowers in simple Chikankari design motifs. It is a knot type of a millet shaped stitch.
- Phanda is kind of embossed stitch. It resembles millet and gives a raised effect as it falls under that knotted style at times the stitches are repeated at the same spot several times to create a pearl-like effect. This is known as Phanda.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2371
- Style: Short Top
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Firozi
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 28 inch
- Sleeves: Three-quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric: Georgette
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Phanda
- Chikan designs have also been inspired from various other Mughal architecture with floral design. The most probable explanation which has historical backing reveals that the Chikan craft originated in West Bengal where the work meant ‘fine’.
- They had very fine local muslins made into garments for themselves, which the ladies embroidered with the Chikanwork of exquisite delicacy and beauty. The benevolent rulers of Awadh patronized the artisans and encouraged their craftsmanship and the affluence and extravagance of later Awadh rulers seems to have attracted their enchanting craft to their capital of Lucknow
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.