Ethnava chikankari Blue cotton Kurta
- Chikankari, which in the literal sense means embroidery is derived from the Persian word ‘Chakin’ which is also pronounced as ‘Chikan’. It is believed that Noor Jehan, wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir introduced Chikankari in Lucknow. From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the age-old art of Chikankari keeping in mind the traditionalism with a hint of modernity.
- The chikan stitch used here to decorate this beautiful blue cotton chikan kurta are “Ghaspatti”. Using delicate white cotton threads to adorn the neckline of this hand crafted cotton kurta with detailed floral patterns and motifs that enhance the grace this kurta presents us with.
- During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires handcrafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
- Ghas Patti is one of the most recurring pattern in the craft of Chikankari. It is a series of petals and leaves that fills up the fabric. This pattern of embroidery adorned on chikankari pieces is a manifestation of meadows and gardens. It brings out the Awadhi bent towards gardens (‘bagh’), and this historical obsession with pretty gardens can be seen even today in the name of all major places in Lucknow. From Qaisarbagh to Alambagh, Lucknow’s proverbial gardens come alive in this pattern of embroidery.
- This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
Complete your look with oxidized jewelry, a metallic bracelet or a watch. For a chic casual look style this kurta with denim jeans. If you are looking for a traditional or ethnic look combine this *color* chikan kurta with embroidered palazzos and complete your look with beautiful dupattas.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2350
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Blue
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ghaspatti
- Chikan designs have also been inspired from various other Mughal architecture with floral design. The most probable explanation which has historical backing reveals that the Chikan craft originated in West Bengal where the work meant ‘fine’.
- They had very fine local muslins made into garments for themselves, which the ladies embroidered with the Chikanwork of exquisite delicacy and beauty. The benevolent rulers of Awadh patronized the artisans and encouraged their craftsmanship and the affluence and the extravagance of later Awadh rulers seems to have attracted their enchanting craft to their capital of Lucknow.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.