Ethnava Chikankari Black Rayon frock style Kurta
- Opening doors to merge feminine aesthetics with traditional craft, we at Ethnava have created this harmoniously charming special piece which is hand embroidered black chikankari lucknowi kurta with modal cotton material. With Ethnava we aim to provide you with a chikan kurti which denotes elegance with comfort.
- This beautiful black kurta has been created with perfection using white cotton thread creating floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikankari stitches ”Ghaspatti” and “Keel” have been used to adorn the fabric of the chikan kurta. This chikan kurta is skillfully handcrafted by dedicated artisans which we can clearly see in the immaculate and heavy embroidery done using white cotton thread around the neckline that gives a ‘Koti’ look.
- Ghas Patti is one of the most recurring patterns in the craft of Chikankari. It is a series of petals and leaves that fill up the fabric. This pattern of embroidery adorned on chikankari pieces is a manifestation of meadows and gardens. It brings out the Awadhi bent towards gardens (‘bagh’), and this historical obsession with pretty gardens can be seen even today in the name of all major places in Lucknow.
- From Qaisarbagh to Alambagh, Lucknow’s proverbial gardens come alive in this pattern of embroidery. This is a backstitch; it starts from the pointed end of the tracing of the pattern, especially if it is a leaf or petals of flowers that have to be covered with embroidery.
- The stitch starts from the top working downwards, taking small alternative diagonal stitches worked to the center line. As the name denotes ‘Ghass Patti’ (grass and leaves), this stitch was inspired by nature and the filling of the embroidered leaves looks like delicate leaves and willowing grass. When it is worked with white on white it appears like the feathers of a swan.
- In Chikan embroidery, the stitch ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandastitch is embroidered. Around this pearl-like dot very tiny spikes are embroidered which have a ‘v’ shape on the top of the spikes and it resembles the gold nose pin.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- For a head turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattas.
- These Chikan Kurtis work best with oversized oxidized earrings, or pearl studs to complement the white pearl-like stitches. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all-over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2300
- Style: Frock Style
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Black
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 50 inch
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Rayon
- Thread: White Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ghaspatti & Keel
Chikankari is an ancient form of white floral embroidery, intricately worked with needle and raw thread on a variety of fabrics like cotton, muslin, silk, organza etc. The word ‘Chikan’ has been derived from Persian language which was the court language of India introduced by the Mughals.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.