Ethnava chikankari black cotton salawar – 122
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, we bring you the magnificent traditional chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Expert craftsmen weave these amazing designs with perfection and precise detailing.
- This Chikankari Salwar speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta, the marvelous chikan embroidery is handcrafted with chikan stitches of Ghaspatti using white cotton thread. The color palette is soft and fresh along with comfortable cotton fabric all this adds to the desirability of this black and white chikan kurta.
- This beautiful black kurta has been created with perfection using black cotton thread creating floral patterns and motifs on the fabric. Intricate chikankari stitch ”Ghaspatti” has been used to adorn the fabric of the chikan kurta.
- Ghas Patti is one of the most recurring patterns in the craft of Chikankari. It is a series of petals and leaves that fill up the fabric. This pattern of embroidery adorned on chikankari pieces is a manifestation of meadows and gardens. It brings out the Awadhi bent towards gardens (‘bagh’), and this historical obsession with pretty gardens can be seen even today in the name of all major places in Lucknow. From Qaisarbagh to Alambagh, Lucknow’s proverbial gardens come alive in this pattern of embroidery.
- Are you looking for an elegant chikan Salwar to make you the center of attention? This chikan Salwarwill surely do so. With its wide versatility, you can wear this chikan Salwar to your workplace or to your college or to any party. This chikankari kurta will never disappoint you with its incomparable style and appeal. This gorgeous Salwar is a perfect pick for office wear and college wear. The color palette and fabric is perfect for summer vivacity.
- This Salwar will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan Salwar, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Chikan Salwar
- SKU of Lucknowi Salwar: 122
- Style: Salwar
- Color of Chikankari Salwar: Black
- Length of Chikan Salwar: 39 inch
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari Salwar
- Fabric: Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Ghaspatti
The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generations to generations by expert craftsmen. This age old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish. Chikankari kurta and sarees have been a part of this traditional art form for generations.
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.