Ethnava chikankari Baby pink cotton kutri
- The legacy of chikankari has been passed down from generation to generation through the ever evolving trends of fashion, but we at Ethnava have not wavered from its traditionalism but have also not just ignored the modern trends.
- This Baby Pink Chikankari Kurti speaks of the immaculate artistry of this chikan kurta, the marvelous chikan embroidery is hand crafted with chikan stitches- Ulti Bakhiya or Shadow Work and Keel using baby pink cotton thread. The colour palette is soft and fresh along with comfortable cotton fabric all this add to the desirability of this black and white chikan kurta.
- In chikan embroidery, the ‘keel’ has derived its name from this beautiful piece of nose pin. To make this stitch, a very tiny stitch is picked up on the fabric with the needle and the Phandasticth is embroidered. Around this pearl like dot very tiny spikes are embroidered which have a ‘v’ shape on the top of the spikes and it resembles like the gold nose pin.
- According to a legend, a Begum saw this design on the appliqué dress of a British lady and wanted the same effect in embroidery on her dress. And this is how the bakhiya stitch of chikankari was born in the 18th century.
- This type of stitch is known for its double back and shadow work. It’s mostly done from the wrong side of the fabric and the actual design on the front end is rendered in herringbone style. The shadow of the thread is seen on the cloth from the right side. In industry, it is also known as “Ulti” and “Seedhi” Bakhiya.
- This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Chikan Kurta
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 41121
- Style: Kurta
- Color of Chikan Kurta: Baby Pink
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 3 Meters
- Silhouette: Chikan kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikan kurta
- Fabric : Cotton
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya & Keel
- Chikankari is an ancient form of white floral embroidery, intricately worked with needle and raw thread on a variety of fabrics like cotton, muslin, silk, organza etc.
- The word ‘Chikan’ has been derived from Persian language which was the court language of India introduced by the Mughals.
Chikan Kurta Also Known : Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of the human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.