Ethnava brown soft silk chikan kurta 2437
- From the lanes of Old Lucknow, Ethnava brings you the resplendent traditional Chikan embroidery which has been passed down from generation to generation. Lucknow is the heart of the chikankari and is generally famous for Lucknawi chikan. Skilled craftsmen weave these impressive designs and patterns with perfection and precise detailing. These unique patterns and effects created depend on the stitches and the thicknesses of the threads used.
- This brown coloured chikan kurta is adorned with intricate, neat and precise chikan stiches “Bakhiya”, “Keel” and “Phanda” on the soft silk fabric. Dupioni silk fabric has a lustrous sheen and characteristic small slubs that run horizontally across the fabric. Chikankari portrays royalty and elegance. This lucknowi chikan kurta, handcrafted by skilled artisans is the perfect portrayal of poise and grace. The neckline is adorned with extravagant floral patterns and motifs that clearly depicts the intense precision and hard work put in to create this unique piece.
- The main stitches in Chikanare Bhakia or shadow work, which is one of the most delicate stitches in Chikankari done on fine muslin and has an opalescent ‘shadowy’ effect. The thread is massed on the underside of the fabric so as to create a shadow or opaque on the face of the fabric which is typical of this form of embroidery. The shadow is created by closed Herringbone stitch on the reverse side of the fabric, at times it seems to appear like a delicate patchwork.
- Phanda is an inverted stitch or a tiny stitch, picked up by a needle on the fabric repeatedly on the same spot till it becomes a smooth knot and looks like a little pearl. This is popularity know as “chikanaphanda” and it resembles like a French knot. This stitch is quite time consuming but very pretty when used in the center of a flower or around a buti.
- During the Nawabi rule of Lucknow, the highfalutin ladies of that era employed chikankari workers for their personal attendance and adorned themselves in the best attires hand crafted by the nimble fingers of these artisans. To create newer designs different stitches were to be used. One such stitch was introduced as Ghas patti, which is in the form of grass blades stacked in a row.
- This chikan kurta is all that you are looking for! With its unique and soft colour palette, this chikan kurta will definitely make you the centre of attention in a room full of people. This kurti will be by your side as a routine summer wear too. The motifs enhance the beauty of this chikan kurti, these motifs denote the creative imagination of our skilled artisans.
Add on to Lucknowi Chikan Kurta
For a head turning look, combine this elegant and graceful chikan kurti with matching embroidered palazzos. Complete the look of this lucknowi kurta with traditional dupattasand oxidized jewelry. A small matching bracelet or watch would complete the look very well. Sunglasses also look formidable with the all over casual but royal vibe of the piece.
- SKU of Lucknowi Kurta: 2437
- Style: Straight
- Color of Chikankari Kurta: Brown
- Length of Chikan Kurta: 46 inch
- Sleeves: Three quarter sleeves, ¾ sleeves
- Silhouette: Chikankari kurta provides a comfortable and relaxed silhouette.
- Touch & Feel: Soft and comfortable chikankari kurta
- Fabric : Soft Silk
- Thread: Cotton thread
- Embroidery: Bakhiya, Keel & Phanda
- The Chikankari patterns follow the typical Awadhi design that can also be found in Henna applied on the delicate palms of the fair maidens of Awadh, and on the ‘raushandan’ built out of stone-carvings on walls. Flowers, creepers, ferns, ‘Boota’, and ‘Kairi’, among other motifs, which are close to the art and architecture of Awadh
- The craft of chikan work or chikankari, more commonly called lucknowi chikan, is hundreds of years old and has been passed down from generation to generation by expert craftsmen. This age-old art incorporates about 32 different stitching techniques that are often combined with pearls, mirrors and mukaish.
Chikan Kurta Also Known: Kurta, Kurti, Noori, Top, Tunic, Boho, Dress
Misspelled words: chicken | chicken kurti | chicken lucknow | chicken work dress | chicken embroidery suit | chicken saree online | lucknowi kurties| chicken sari | chicken kadai suits| cikan kari| chicken work| chikan kari
Disclaimer: Our products are hand-embroidered by expert artisans and may have slight dissimilarities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the process. These minor variations of Stitches/Motifs add to its charm and ensure you have a unique product.